|
|
♥/Monday, July 07, 2008
11:05 AM I've finally finished reading Three Cups Of Tea. There're so much that I want to say about the book but it's pretty impossible. You've got to read it yourself. And once you've finished reading it, recommend it to your family, friends, etc. There are many lessons that you can learn just by reading the book. To me, it was as if the book had brought me to the place. I really understood the lives of people in the other part of the world better just by reading the book, what more going to the place itself. I know it will be pretty hard for those who dont understand the cultures and words that are used in the book. But hey, this is a good starting point. (: I like the many quotes that were written in the book. Shall tell you one or two of it. The rest you've gotta know by reading it! I remember the incident where Mortenson and Haji Ali (the village chief of Korphe) had to deal with Mehdi (Askole's chief) who was against Mortenson building the schools for children especially for the girls, Mehdi demanded Haji Ali to give him 12 rams in exchange for the school to be built. Giving other people 12 rams was like giving your wealth away to them. Wise Haji Ali willingly gave his rams to Mehdi and told his villagers, "Dont be sad. Long after all those rams are dead and eaten this school will still stand. Haji Mehdi has food today. Now our children have educaion forever." I like another quote from the book. "In times of war, you often hear leaders - Christians, Jewish, and Muslim - saying, 'God is on our side.' But this isnt true. In war, God is on the side of refugees, widows and orphans." I feel that the quotes are very true. God never likes people who fight among each other. You see, we can still learn from those who are uneducated. (: ![]() Review The astonishing, uplifting story of a real-life Indiana Jones and his humanitarian campaign to use education to combat terrorism in the Taliban's backyard. Anyone who despairs of the individual's power to change lives has to read the story of Greg Mortenson, a homeless mountaineer who, following a 1993 climb of Pakistan's treacherous K2, was inspired by a chance encounter with impoverished mountain villagers and promised to build them a school. Over the next decade he built fifty-five schools;especially for girls;that offer a balanced education in one of the most isolated and dangerous regions on earth. As it chronicles Mortenson's quest, which has brought him into conflict with both enraged Islamists and uncomprehending Americans, Three Cups of Tea combines adventure with a celebration of the humanitarian spirit. I finally managed to log in to my Yahoo account. Browsed through the photos from NYDB group. So many unglam photos lah! I guess being a dragonboater, I really dont care about my appearance. All the flat hairstyle we all had right after trainings. (but for me my hair is always flat, so after trainings it'll be even flatter) (: Oooh, it will be the start of school again tmr! New timetable = longer days = torture ahead. Thankfully my Mondays will end at 130pm although it's lessons all the way from 9. All the rest, what can I say? I've got revision on all other days except Mon. I have 2 PE lessons on Tues and Fri (I thought we wont have PE anymore!) which ends at 615. what the fish. Have a good day! (: |
The Chats
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ The Links ain | annaling | asnira | bao qi cher | ch | c.kang | deena farhanah | fel | gloria hanisah | hek ming | huyang | Jia Jia | khad | kriss | lh mard | MLCS | nad OG 21 rachel | rudi | sarah | sha | venessa wanlin | wendeline | yk zul 7dearies ♥ Eleanor ♥ Fariza afreen | araxes | aslany | faey js loner limin sgss band | sgss band photos | shi yun | shih yann | shu ling | yi ting zul iis nabil raudhah annisa cahaya juxtapose ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ CREDITS Code: detonatedlove♥ Design: LKK Effects: Lunapic Background: HorizonRoad Image: BTRD Brushes: BTRD | Fractured Sanity |