♥/Tuesday, July 28, 2009
1:56 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOW HUIRONG! :D:D:D

Went for Orientation talk yesterday with some of my classmates, Farhanah and Naqiah. The talk mostly sort of assured me what modules that I would probably give a miss.
Number one on my list is, no prizes for guessing, Economics.
One, I simply could not understand the lectures and tutorials most of the time in JC. Worse, I don't understand why Economics lecturers, particularly, have this "unique" way of lecturing that can easily rock me to sleep (the one from yesterday's talk was no exception). This apparently leads to me hating the subject, not looking forward to lectures, tutorials and assignments, failing every single test and earning itself my most hated subject in JC.
( DON'T ask me why I took it in the first place and how on this Earth I got an A for it(although I still thank God for giving me the A) )
One more thing I realised yesterday. I don't pronounce economics the way those people do. I say eee-ko-no-miks but they say air-ko-no-miks. Ok I know, this one no link.
This is purely my justification. You can ignore this if you don't like what I just said.

For those of you who know me would probably know that I barely sleep during lectures or tutorials unless I was keeping awake the previous night which is quite impossible.
(However, I foresee that this statement would probably not stand when in Uni.)

Ok, actually only Economics is the sure subject that I would not take in Uni.


I told many people that I want to major in Psychology but yesterday's talk has got me considering other options as well. I realise that psychology isn't really my passion; it interests me but I don't think that interest would last long. So now you may ask, what is my passion then? To tell you the truth, I still do not know and still in search for it. But what I know is that there is this voice inside me that tells me that I want to do something related to social service because I like learning about societies, families, individuals, etc and I want to help others who are less fortunate in any way.
The talks on Geography, Social Work and Sociology got me considering taking them.
(I don't know how Geography can be related to social service, you tell me if you know okay?)

Geography is a subject that I enjoy learning since secondary school and I still want to learn more about it and sociology is a topic that has caught my interest quite some time ago because it involves my favourite topic ie society and both are very much relevant today.

But what I'm really thinking of is majoring in Social Work but I know certain people would ask, "What? Social work? You want to be a social worker? Why? Isn't there other subjects that you can choose to major in? Why social work?", or they would simply stare at me like I'm a weirdo/alien.
I guess I don't aspire to be a CEO of a multi-million company, lead such an elite lifestyle nor do I want a desk-bound job in the future, I just want to lead a simple, happy, meaningful, fulfilling and satisfying life. I acknowledge the importance of money in this modern world, but I want to contribute and make myself useful to society (this, I don't mean working and earning money thus, contributing to society) and I believe that I can do that through social service. In addition, it makes me happy, challenges me and I will experience something different every day, unlike the robot desk-bound workers who go through the same routine every day. Furthermore, I will still learn about things related to psychology and sociology ie, the individuals and society.

My mind is in a whirl right now (although my prev para seems like I've already decided on what to take) and I don't like it. I know some of you will say "Never mind, you have one year to decide." Being me, an organised and near perfectionist, I want to decide on what to major in right from the start so that it'll be easier for me to plan and make the right choices when bidding for modules starting from Sem 1 and I really wish not to make the wrong decisions. I need to talk to someone but I don't know who to talk to. And the time constraint is giving me a lot of stress. Oh, apparently the bidding starts in two days' time. Like, so fast???!



So much talk about national sports and the question whether Singapore has reached the status of being a sporting nation. Well, to me I will say that we are quite far from it.
I do know that it was such a hooha that one of the most popular international clubs made an appearance here in this country, but hey, look at Thailand, the fans were not only supporting their oh-so handsome international players, they still cheered for their own national team.
Set aside the standings of the two teams; I admit that it would take lots of hard work and perhaps a miracle for our side to achieve even a draw with the mighty international players.
.
.
.
Ok enough lah eh. This is not a GP essay and people may say that it's a biased statement, especially since it's coming from a non-soccer fan(ok, this is more like I don't really watch soccer, I don't support any clubs nor do I have a crush on any soccer players) and I'm such a patriotic Singaporean.


Dah, aku nak tengok Growing Up sekarang.


(wow, I took an hour to write this post. :O)

The One

Dina 20

Photos♥

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
The Chats



♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
The Links

ain | annaling | asnira |
bao qi
cher | ch | c.kang |
deena
farhanah | fel |
gloria
hanisah | hek ming | huyang |
Jia Jia |
khad | kriss |
lh
mard | MLCS |
nad
OG 21
rachel | rudi |
sarah | sha |
venessa
wanlin | wendeline |
yk
zul

7dearies ♥ Eleanor ♥ Fariza

afreen | araxes | aslany |
faey
js loner
limin
sgss band | sgss band photos | shi yun | shih yann | shu ling |
yi ting
zul

iis
nabil
raudhah

annisa
cahaya

juxtapose

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
CREDITS

Code: detonatedlove♥
Design: LKK
Effects: Lunapic
Background: HorizonRoad
Image: BTRD
Brushes: BTRD | Fractured Sanity