♥/Tuesday, September 01, 2009
10:03 PM

Cool weather... But my knees aren't happy.
Tsk.

Teachers' Day today. (:
Yes, I remember those teachers who made an impact in my life. Thank you, teachers.
The students from zhss were sweet, they wished me Happy Teacher's Day although I'm really just a student who happened to train them in conversational Malay. Hahaha.


I was having a conversation with my sister regarding giving up our seats (or popularly labelled as the priority seats) to those who need them more. This isn't a matter of whether or not I'm willing to give up my seat (I'd be more than glad to do so because I prefer standing, unless I get very very tired or my bag's too heavy. Call me selfish, but hey, I'm not a saint.) but rather, whether these people I'm giving up my seat to are really those who need it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that people other than those in the 'priority groups' do not deserve to be given seats to or whatsoever.

Firstly, all of you would know by now that we should give these priority seats especially to the elderly, injured, pregnant women and those with children on tow. Right? I'm particularly concerned about one group that is, the pregnant women.

My question is how then would you know that this particular lady whom you want to give your seat to is pregnant (save those who're obviously pregnant)? For all you know, she may have a tummy which makes her look pregnant. I've come across many women who look like they're pregnant, but in actual fact, those bumps on their tummies are merely made up of fats.
I don't know if any of you have thought of this before and may be ignorant of it, but what happens if you give up your seat to a 'pregnant lady' only to find out that she's not pregnant? That, my friend, is definitely an insult to the poor lady and that may very well leave a red mark on your face. A woman wrote in the newspapers once that someone pass her off as a pregnant lady and gave up his/her seat to her, leaving her very insulted.

Personally, I've come across such women whom I don't know which category to put them in; the 'pregnant' ones or the 'not pregnant' ones. Once, I tried very very hard staring at a woman's tummy throughout the whole train ride (ok, this may sound perverted), trying to guess whether she's pregnant or not. (Fyi, I didn't give up my seat to her because I concluded that she wassn't pregnant and she didn't really care whether she got a seat or not. She was more interested in the story book she was reading.)

So next time when you see someone not giving up his/her seat to those in need, it may not necessarily mean that they're ignorant and socially irresponsible. It could be that the 'subjects' themselves are "misleading". Get me?

I may simply be trying too hard to classify people into groups hence the way I think such. Or maybe, we women should start shaping ourselves(and get rid of those fats) so that we won't be giving the wrong signals to others.
Hahaha.

Am I even making sense here?


I'm glad I've managed to catch up with Geog readings. Okay, it's the only reading I've caught up with but that's a start.
Sociology doesn't seem to interest me as it used to, perhaps because the first few lectures were so technical and dry.
MS... Hmm, let's just say that it's not what I thought it would be. And having to see the prof every week for tutorial is so memenatkan(tiring)!
Tutorials. My oh my, I should really start speaking up during tutorials. But I feel so intimidated by those who are "more intellectual" than I am. Make me feel inferior. Sobs.

Ok ah, my sleeping time soon!
Good night.

The One

Dina 20

Photos♥

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
The Chats



♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
The Links

ain | annaling | asnira |
bao qi
cher | ch | c.kang |
deena
farhanah | fel |
gloria
hanisah | hek ming | huyang |
Jia Jia |
khad | kriss |
lh
mard | MLCS |
nad
OG 21
rachel | rudi |
sarah | sha |
venessa
wanlin | wendeline |
yk
zul

7dearies ♥ Eleanor ♥ Fariza

afreen | araxes | aslany |
faey
js loner
limin
sgss band | sgss band photos | shi yun | shih yann | shu ling |
yi ting
zul

iis
nabil
raudhah

annisa
cahaya

juxtapose

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
CREDITS

Code: detonatedlove♥
Design: LKK
Effects: Lunapic
Background: HorizonRoad
Image: BTRD
Brushes: BTRD | Fractured Sanity